And now I have a cast of my face

This morning my anaplastology roommate, Yu-Hui, and I made a cast of my face!  It was just for funsies and now I have something I can sculpt prosthetics on for Halloween goodies.  She started with alginate and then layered strips of plaster over that to give it some strength. We then filled the mold with dental stone.  It looks like I got some air bubbles (no I do not have an abnormal growth over my right eye), but I can always go in and sand that down, which would be so much easier if I had a Dremel. Maybe someday.

Making the Cast

The Final Result

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: